Saturday, September 1, 2007

tag, I'm it

Instead of doing a real post, talking about delicious food, I'm going to stall on that (remind me later to update about the jam, pickles, and most delicious ribs ever) and do this. I'm not going to tag anyone, though. I was tagged by Kate, over at Gluten-free Gobsmacked.

Anyway, here are the rules for the meme:

  1. 1. Once tagged, let others know who tagged you.
  2. 2. Players are to list 8 random facts about themselves.
  3. 3. Those who are tagged should post these rules within their meme-tag post.
  4. 4. Players should tag 8 other people and notify them that they have been tagged. (I'm not doing this)


Eight Random Things about Me…
  1. 1. I took almost a 50% pay cut to work at Wholefoods and center my life in the city more (instead of commuting to NJ everyday) and I'm a lot happier for it.
  2. 2. I really don't like coffee, but I drink it at work almost every day, at least once.
  3. 3. After wanting to learn for a long, long time, I am teaching myself the art of canning. You know, sealing jars filled with food so they will keep for 100 years if kept sealed.
  4. 4. If I could listen to one and only one band for the rest of my life, it would be this one.
  5. 5. Now that I'm not vegetarian anymore, I embraced eating meat. As in, I don't want to pretend my food isn't from an animal. I am fascinated by butchers and someday want to raise (and eat) at least my own chickens.
  6. 6. In the vein of #5, I'd secretly love to be a butcher. All my dream jobs are "boy" jobs, that I could probably do if I worked out and was stronger, but I am usually too small/not stong enough. For example, in college I took a wildfire firefighting class. If I had been in shape, I could have taken the strength test and gone to Wyoming for the summer to fight forest fires. Butcher, firefighter, farmer, etc.
  7. 7. I'm really proud for having convinced my world that gluten-free food can be (and is, if I'm preparing it) delicious. People at work don't really say "oh, I feel bad for you because you can't eat ______" much anymore. I've brought in tons of cookies and cupcakes and coffeecakes and word's spread that being gluten-free isn't the worst thing that can happen to you. Also, I'm really jealous of everyone with beautiful photographs on their blogs. Jerks.
  8. 8. I think I might get another dog soon.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:13 AM

    You ROCK, girlie! :) I'm SO glad I tagged ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous6:52 PM

    I learned a lot about you! I am envious of other people's pics too. I really want one of those fancy cameras to play with...maybe one day soon I will have one!

    ReplyDelete