Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Baked in Honor of Bette


I know this is a day late, but let's hope that it can be included as well. If not, it's something I wanted to do anyway.
My story of becoming gluten-free is like everyone else's. I thought I couldn't eat anything, I gave up baking, I was sad. I did, however, have the help of my mom in showing me how to go about being gluten-free. Thanks mom. Eventually I bought myself The Gluten-free Gourmet, Living Well Without Wheat. Suddenly, I was able to make cakes again. And pasta (I still stand strong by her pasta recipe, and even bought a pasta dough roller for Christmas last year). And a lot of other things I didn't think I could eat again. I started experimenting. It was so exciting. I read her book cover to cover. I dogeared a lot of the pages. Many of the recipes are still untried, and the popover recipe was one of them. I baked these tonight and they're delicious. Bette Hagman did so much for the gluten-free community. So many of us have the same story. She made life easier. Thank you Bette, for making all of our lives better.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jill! I assume you want to participate in the blog event at my blog, right? I just found your post. Anyway, the blog event is here:
    http://www.bookofyum.com/blog/?p=756

    and I've posted a roundup already. I'll add your entry now.

    -Sea

    ReplyDelete
  2. My email program had sorted your original email to me into bulk- Oops! I found your entry by browsing around, oddly enough. :) Anyways, hope you saw that your beautiful entry was included in the roundup.

    -Sea

    ReplyDelete