Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Meatloaf sandwiches


Do you guys do this? Eat delicious meatloaf sandwiches the day after? I hope so. You can do what I did here, and make a real sandwich with bbq sauce and spicy mustard and things, or you can go the other way and pretend your meatloaf is a big meatball and use tomato sauce and provolone. I could eat meatloaf sandwiches all day everyday, but I only can until the meatloaf is gone. I like mine cold, but you could be like Alex and eat yours hot. Whatever.

Meatloaf sandwiches


a few slices leftover meatloaf
4 slices gf bread (Udis at my house)
2 T mustard (we love love Bone Suckin mustard)
2 T leftover meatloaf glaze or bbq sauce of your choice
lettuce
tomato slices
onion slices
other vegetables (like leftover spinach, pictured above)

Toast your bread a little, then spread two slices with mustard and the other two with the bbq sauce. Layer on two of the slices - lettuce and vegetables, maybe some cheese if you have any, then top with meatloaf. Add the last slice and devour.

4 comments:

  1. I haven't had a meatloaf sandwich since childhood! Thanks for the reminder that they're a wonderful way to enjoy leftovers. Your pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep... nothing better for left over meatloaf than a meatloaf sandwich! Glad to see this post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've ever made a meatloaf. I've been thinking about it a lot lately but haven't gotten around to doing it.

    You are right, they make a great day after sandwich.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photos! Plus the recipe looks divine. We'd love for you to share your recipe at dishfolio.com!

    ReplyDelete