Monday, February 7, 2011

Eggs over salsa and avocado


Good news! I got my stitches out and now I can eat regular foods again. Hooray! I'm sure everyone is sick of soft foods. Too bad, here is one last one before we progress back to regular food.
Obviously the Superbowl was yesterday. I'm sure you all remember. The best part about the Superbowl is that all the delicious foods associated with snacking and beer are on sale, including avocados. I love avocados. Since I can't eat things like chips and guacamole, I improvised and made this super quick dinner, which was so awesome. Really. If you're too lazy to make guacamole, cube up an avocado and dump some salsa on it and eat it like that. That's a good snack. Add a soft boiled egg into the equation? Oh boy. If Alex had made this for me I would have swooned, but I made it for myself so he'll have to think of something else.


Eggs over salsa and avocado


2 eggs, room temperature
2 avocados
3/4 c your favorite salsa (my all time, #1 favorite is any of Rick Bayless's Frontera salsas)
salt and pepper

Bring a small pot with enough water to cover your eggs to boil. Carefully slide in the eggs (I use tongs to place them in the water so they don't crack), cover, then turn the heat down to low. Set a timer for 4 minutes, assuming you want solid whites and runny yolks. Cut your avocado in quarters, peel the skin off, then cube up. Place each cubed avocado in a bowl. Top with salsa. When the timer goes off, take the eggs out of the water and run under cold water until cool enough to handle. Carefully peel each egg, place in the bowl on top of the salsa, and sprinkle with salt and pepper.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:33 AM

    i'm eating this now for breakfast and it's so awesome! thank you :)

    ReplyDelete