Sunday, January 9, 2011

Egg drop soup


Since it's a new year, Alex and I have decided we are going to eat healthier. A girl can dream, right? Anyway, so we cooked a whole delicious healthy Asian dinner, and this was one of the parts. Alex made it, and it was so good. I know this isn't super healthy, but it's not bad for you either. Baby steps.


Egg drop soup
Adapted by Alex from Tyler Florence 


4 c chicken stock
1 t grated ginger
1 t garlic
1 T gf soy sauce
a pinch of hot pepper flakes
2 T cornstarch
2 to 3 eggs, lightly beaten
2 scallions, chopped

Bring stock, ginger, garlic, soy sauce and hot pepper flakes to a boil. Make a slurry of the cornstarch and a little water, then stir in slowly to the boiling soup. Reduce heat to a simmer, stir, and add the eggs slowly while stirring. Turn off the heat, add the green onions, and serve.

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:54 AM

    I don't think this is unhealthy at all. Eggs can be a great source of protein and the garlic and ginger are certainly good for you. I think you are off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet your version has a fraction of the sodium of most of the restaurant versions - so that means healthy to me! It would definitely be satisfying and healing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous12:00 PM

    This was so quick & so yummy! I added mushrooms, spinach, and shredded chicken cuz I had them in the fridge & it was a delicious lunch. Thank u for posting!

    ReplyDelete