Thursday, December 31, 2009

the best of 2009

This year is over. Soon.

This was the year I got married, made some new friends, got a new job, bought a car, had to get rid of that car, bought a second car, went on a few adventures, went to a few weddings (besides my own), and didn't break any bones this year. Things are good. Everyone is healthy, I'm happy, and I hope you are too.

Here are some of my favorite recipes of the year, the 9 best of 2009.

(in no particular order)

1. Shrimp and feta. In tomato sauce. I love tomato sauce, shrimp, AND feta. Seafood and cheese sound weird, but totally work here.

2. Liver dumplings. These aren't really livery. Yes, they have liver, but they're like matzo balls. But gluten free, and using up that extra liver or two you have from roasting a chicken. The dumplings have a little extra special flavor from the dumplings, and I love them.

3. English muffins. Look at the nooks and crannies! Do I need to say anything else?

4. Quick, delicious bread. This is the bread I always make when I have some fancy cheese, want to make garlic bread, or just want some bread with butter.

6. Butterscotch brownies. These are quick and easy and addicting and don't need any special ingredients. I grew up on these.

7. Chocolate pudding cake. This is bonkers. So good.
8. Lazy daisy cake. Another dessert I grew up on. This was a year about comforting, familiar food. Also, anything with lazy in the name is a dessert for me.

9. Pecan biscotti. I can't handle these, they're so delicious. Buttery, crunchy, nutty, awesome. Also, my mom used to make them when we were kids.


Be safe everyone, and see you in 2010! That sounds so weird.

6 comments:

  1. Anonymous12:20 AM

    Happy New Year!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! Delicious-looking recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Butterscotch brownies, OMG, sounds amazing!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. With all of your yummy recipes, I would have a very hard time tapering it down to just 10! You've chosen some winners though-YUM! I really enjoy your blog, and look forward to what you have in store for 2010! :) Happy New Year!

    Best Regards,

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to make all of these. Including the chicken liver dumpling soup! =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The crannies!! Wow. I must make those soon. And everything else in the round up. Great work, Jill!

    And may 2010 be just as wonderful for you and the husband :)

    ReplyDelete