Monday, July 20, 2009

Polenta with blue cheese

I bookmarked this recipe when it showed up in my Google Reader last week, and when we cooked dinner for my dad and stepmom last week I wanted to test it out. I used instant polenta, Rosenborg (gluten-free) blue cheese, and threw in a little butter. It was quick! Five minutes on the stovetop, ten minutes in the oven, and that was it! Everyone loved it. I will be making this again and again, I love blue cheese and polenta.

Polenta with blue cheese

1 c instant polenta
2 1/2 c water
salt and pepper
1 T butter
1/2 c blue cheese (make sure yours is gluten-free!)

Preheat your oven to 400. Bring the water, salt, pepper and butter to a boil in a medium pan, then whisk in the polenta. Cook, stirring, 3 minutes, until the polenta is cooked. Stir in half of the blue cheese and spread into a small baking pan (I used a ceramic one that was about 5x9), then sprinkle the rest of the blue cheese over the top. Bake 10 minutes, until the edges are starting to turn golden brown and the cheese on top is completely melted.

Next time I might stir in a few dashes of hot sauce, just for fun.

4 comments:

  1. This dish looks great and I love polenta!

    www.alovefornewrecipes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Polenta is ground cornmeal. It's like grits, but not as coarse and yellower, it's creamy and delicious and you can do tons of delicious things to it. Come over, Becca, and I will make you some.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, this sounds good. Oddly enough, I've never thought of combining blue cheese with polenta! + Hot sauce :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. just make this for me because the only time i tried to make "blen" it was a huge failure. deal?

    ReplyDelete