Sunday, November 30, 2008

Pecan Pie, and goodbye November!

I really was planning on ending NaBloPoMo with my Daring Baker's challenge, but I had a little issue where I spent a while in the hospital making sure I hadn't messed up my leg anymore by pushing it too far (I hadn't), so I ended up staying in New York at my dad's longer than I had planned. I couldn't be on my feet, so after Thanksgiving I didn't cook anything. Luckily I made this delicious pecan pie. I wish I had one right now!

Pecan Pie
from the Joy of Cooking

4 eggs
1 c brown sugar
3/4 c corn syrup
5 T butter, melted 
1 vanilla bean, split down the middle and scraped
1 T rum
3/4 t salt
2 c pecans, chopped 

Preheat oven to 350. Whisk together eggs, sugar, corn syrup, butter, vanilla beans, rum and salt. Stir in pecans, pour into pie crust, and bake 45 minutes to an hour, until the edges are set but center is still a little wiggley. 

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous2:05 AM

    Your pie crust link leads to an error page.

    ReplyDelete