Friday, November 16, 2007

cheesecake brownies

I've been eying the cheesecake brownie muffins we sell in the bakery lately. I know I can't eat them (in my mind, they might as well be made of plastic), but I wanted to make them. Not having any recipes in all my cookbooks for what I wanted, I used my trusty Bakers brownie recipe and added a cheesecakey layer on top. Yum.


Cheesecake Brownies


Brownies
4 squares unsweetened chocolate, chopped rougly
1 stick of butter
2 c sugar
3 eggs
1 t vanilla
1 c rice flour

Melt chocolate and butter, either in a double boiler or in the microwave. Add sugar, then eggs and vanilla, then flour. Pour into a greased 8x8 pan.
Cheesecake top
8oz cream cheese
1/2 c sugar
2 T melted butter
1 egg
1 t vanilla

Mix all ingredients together, spread over the top of the brownies. Bake at 350 for about 45 minutes (or more) until no longer jiggley and a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. cool.

Note: I realized after I made this post that I didn't totally cook mine all the way. I would suggest cooking the brownies for 15 minutes, then adding the cheese topping, then cooking it for 35 minutes after that. Disregard if you like fudgey, fudgey brownies.

6 comments:

  1. omg these look awesome I hope you're bringing some to NY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, that does look good!

    -sea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous3:57 PM

    yep, they were good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous7:40 PM

    HI puff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I made these for the boyfriend. I am gluten free, he's not. He loved them. So did I!


    I love your blog although (and because) its filled with naughty yummy goodness!

    ReplyDelete