Saturday, February 25, 2012

Grapefruit, carrot, grape smoothie/juice


Hi! Alex and I got a Vitamix. You know, one of those stupid expensive blenders. We've only had it a few days, but it's pretty sweet. You put whatever you want in it, and then it turns into juice or sorbet or soup, depending on what you put into it. We got it with out sweet health care credit card, which our company puts money onto for medical use, which apparently a Vitamix is. Yay! I've been experimenting and this is my favorite drink so far.



Grapefruit, carrot and grape Vitamix drink


2 grapefruits
2 big handfuls of baby carrots
2 big handfuls of frozen grapes


Cut the top and the bottom of the grapefruits and cut the skin off. Cut the peeled grapefruits in half and put them in the Vitamix. Cut all the carrots in half. Toss them in the blender. Dump in all the frozen grapes. Put the top on, and turn the blender on low, then turn up slowly and then flip the switch to high. Blend until you can barely see any more pieces, about two minutes. Makes about 5 cups.

2 comments:

  1. This looks delicious, I've never thought of making a smoothie from grapefruit!
    www.styleisalwaysfashionable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first read the title, I thought that grapefruit said crockpot... I need more coffee!
    Or maybe one of these juices; these look awesome! And yes, I am completely jealous of your Vitamix!

    ReplyDelete