Monday, July 2, 2007

bacon parm potatoes


I just drank the most delicious thing. I don't know if you guys have ever had one, or if your city has a large Vietnamese population, or if you've stumbled upon one somewhere, but avocado milkshakes are probably the best thing in the entire world. From watching the girl at Ba Le I am pretty sure the shake consists of an avocado, condensed milk, ice cubes, spring water, and something that I think was simple syrup. This is one of my favorite summertime things.
Also, I took Alex to see Ratatoiulle this afternoon. Really one of the best movies I've seen in a while. Go see it.
Inspired by a post about convenience food by Diane, I made bacon Parmesan potatoes last night to go with Alex's pork loin.

Bacon Parm Potatoes
4 small potatoes
3 pieces bacon
half an onion
salt and pepper to taste
about 2 T of Parmesan cheese

Peel the potatoes, cut them in half the long way, then into thin slices. Dump all the potatoes into a bowl of cold water. Dice the onions. Cook bacon, remove to a paper towel, and blot. Pour most of the bacon fat into a can (or wherever you put extra grease, or blot with a paper towel), leaving enough to coat the bottom of the pan thinly. Cook the onions until soft in the bacon grease, drain the potatoes and add with the onions. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are tender. Cut the bacon into small pieces and add back in with the potatoes, heat through, then add salt and pepper to taste. Add cheese, stir, remove from heat, serve.

3 comments:

  1. those look so good!

    p.s. thanks for the link to one of my blogs (kill.the.gluten)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jill

    Those potatoes with parmesan and bacon look really good. I bet they tasted as good or better than the ones I ate!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like a great recipe and so easy! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete